You are not depressed.
“But, but, but …”
Just stop. You’re embarrassing yourself.
Whatever you are going to say is an excuse.
Today’s life of abundance and success has desensitized you.
It has made you SOFT.
No matter how much your life sucks, there is always someone worse off.
- Did you know that famines in India caused more than 60 million deaths in the 18th, 19th, and early 20th centuries?
- Imagine being in the Holocaust, where the mass murder of more than 5 million Jews took place.
- Feel the helplessness of a soldier who realizes he will never walk again.
- Imagine the anguish of a father who must explain to his 5-year-old daughter that she has cancer.
- A disabled child who gets bullied everyday in class, just because he’s different.
- Feel the betrayal of a man being sentenced to life just because he conformed to a racial profile.
Still have the balls to say that you’re depressed?
Your life is set to PUSSY mode from the get-go.
You have an unfair advantage over the rest of the world.
Free education, a great health system, an abundance of food, sanitation, freedom of speech, safety, housing, and electricity…
Tell the Rwandan girl to her face that having shitty WIFI is as bad as being raped.
This is why people die trying to migrate to America and Europe.
Immigrants to America see opportunity at every corner. Yet too few homegrown Americans are willing to work and take advantage of it.
This mindset is the reason why so many men and women from other countries dominate in sports, business and education – after starting with literally with nothing in their pockets.
The average male in the UK lives around to 70.
That’s on average.
Let’s say you’re 25 years old. You’ve lived a third of your life.
You have another third of your life left, and your overall quality of life will be pretty good – before the shit hits the fan.
Now, Lets say you’re 40.
You’ve used up more than half of your life.
Are you going to spend it being miserable for no good reason?
You’re allowed to take time off from kicking ass.
Kicking ass on a daily basis is hard work. You will face difficult times, choices and people.
But these tough times don’t give you an excuse to feel depressed.
One of my best friends went through a serious bout of depression. His situation was shitty, but I knew it was nothing he couldn’t deal with.
I made sure he understood two things:
1) Don’t do anything you can’t undo while you’re in this “temporary” shit-pit.
2) It’s okay to take time off and recharge.
Finding the cause for your depression isn’t always possible.
But, dammit, you should give it a good try.
Most people know what’s making them feel shitty.
You think you’ve hit rock bottom?
This will give you the freedom to get your shit together.
Don’t be ashamed to ask for support and help. Use everyone and everything to help you get back on your feet.
Feeling sorry for yourself is never a solution for anything.
Your future is in your hands. Choose a positive one.
Depression is a complicated issue.
Depression is a complicated topic and in men it carries a tone of social stigma.
The whole point of this article is to make you THINK and EXAMINE your life under a microscope.
Am I really depressed? Or am I just weak?
Most people aren’t depressed. Most people are bored.
Just like my friend, you have to figure shit out and work on yourself.
It’s your duty as a man.